The 2003 Water Act created a competitive market for both retail (billing) and water supply in England and Wales.
The Water Supply Licence (WSL) market allows business customers that use over 5Ml of water per year at each premises to choose their retail service supplier and their water supply service provider.
Further information on the existing and future markets is available using the link to our dedicated wholesale website below:
If you are a WSL licensee operating in the market, the microsite provides further details regarding an approach to Thames Water Utilities Limited for a wholesale supply or transport service. These include:
- Wholesale Supply Agreement - An agreement used as a basis for negotiation containing draft non price terms of access to supply water through Thames Water’s network.
- Access Code
- Containing details of indicative prices for retail and supply access to Thames Water’s network and a common contract for retail access.
- Details of how Thames Water will take forward any application you make and the service you can expect from us on receipt of your application.
- Condition R Compliance Code and draft confidentiality agreement
- Includes details of how we will protect and ringfence any commercial information you send to us.
- Application forms
- You may be required to fill in these application forms depending on the type of access you are seeking.