We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through our websites, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our services;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion;
- when you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
- when you set your preferences for receiving marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
- when we receive your personal data from third parties, for example credit reference agencies or fraud prevention organisations; and
- when we collect publicly available information about you.
Information collected automatically – statistical information
We automatically collect some information about your visit to our websites but this does not record personally identifiable information.
This aggregated information is used to help us make improvements to website content and navigation.
The sort of information recorded includes how many people visit our website, which pages and items are the most popular and about how you use and interact with our website.
Our websites use “cookies”.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.