We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide you with our products and services, and to develop and improve those products and services;
- To ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up-to-date;
- To protect, manage and administer your account and provide you with bills and statements;
- To deal with any problems or complaints that arise in relation to your account;
- For assessment and analysis purposes to help improve the operation of our business;
- To prevent, detect and prosecute fraud and other crime; and
- For any other purpose for which you give us your personal data.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data:
- with our employees, agents and/or professional advisors;
- with other companies within the Thames Group, and with successors-in-title to our business;
- with other third party contractors who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data;
- with third party payment providers who process payments made over our website;
- where we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example where we are required to share information under statute or because of a Court Order;
- to relevant authorities in order to prevent fraud and other criminal offences; and
- with credit reference agencies. (To find out more, explore the links below.)
- carefully selected partners, to introduce you to water related news, goods and services (by post, phone, email, SMS) that we think you'll find interesting. If you don't wish to be contacted for this purpose, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
Transferring personal data outside the EEA
In some cases we may transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Where we do so we will ensure that such transfers are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and that appropriate measures are put in place to keep your personal data secure.