Throughout winter, the fat build up inside of the sewer freezes and blocks drains.
Keep your drains clear from nasty blockages
- Fat and oil from Sunday roasts and Christmas turkeys can block your drains
- Fat might be liquid when poured away, but cools down and hardens in your pipes
- This can cause sewage to back up in to streets and rivers, but worse - into your home
- Let fat cool then put it in the bin, it’ll stop your pipes clogging and help protect your drains
- Remember: Bin it, don’t block it
Bin it - don't block it
'Bin it - don't block it' is our campaign to educate people about 'sewer abuse' - which is putting anything other than human waste or toilet tissue down drains. Blocking your drains can create fatbergs:
By looking after your pipes you can prevent possible sewer flooding at your property.
If you have been flooded, find out who you need to contact: