Can you beat winter?
This year, we’ve partnered with B&Q to help you and your home become lean, mean winter-beating machines. Get your winter-proof home underway with our easy-to-follow tips and helpful products from B&Q. There’s no better time to start than right now.
The tools you need to triumph
At B&Q, you’ll find a wide range of helpful tools and products to help you get through the chilly season. From pipe insulation to curtains specially designed to keep the cold firmly outside – your whole season-beating kit’s here.
And right now, if you join B&Q Club you’ll get £5 off any £30 spend – please see below for full terms and conditions. It couldn’t be easier to get your home fighting fit to beat winter.
When there’s a chill in the air, you know winter’s here. But it won’t get the better of you – or your home – with our handy tips. For more ways to come out on top against the cold months ahead, take a look at our dedicated winter tips page.
Get ready to win
For a chance to win one of 5x £50 B&Q vouchers, follow us on social media, tag a friend in our winter post and tell us how you’ll be preparing your home for winter – it’s that easy!
B&Q Club terms and conditions
Becoming a member of the B&Q Club
1. To become a B&Q Club member, you can pick up a B&Q Club card or key fob in store which you must register online or via the B&Q app together with your email address. You can also register your title, name and postal address including postcode.
2. Alternatively, you can register your email address online or via the B&Q app and we will email you a digital membership card. You can also register your title, name and postal address including postcode. You can register a B&Q Club card and/or key fob to your membership account after registering for a digital membership card.
3. You must not share your membership number or your membership details with any third party.
4. Your use of your B&Q Club membership card, fob and/or digital membership card is subject to these Terms.
General terms of B&Q Club membership
5. Membership of the B&Q Club is only available to residents of the Territory who are aged 18 or over.
6. The B&Q Club membership is not transferable and the benefits of membership can only be used by the registered member.
7. Each person shall only be entitled to one B&Q Club membership account and B&Q may refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
8. B&Q Club membership is solely for individual consumers and not for businesses or commercial entities. You must not use your B&Q Club membership in connection with any business transaction or purpose. B&Q employees and their relatives are entitled to become B&Q Club members.
9. We reserve the right to refuse any application for membership for any reason.
10. You must not use your B&Q Club membership or any Membership Materials (as defined below) in any way that violates applicable law or infringes the rights of any person.
11. Membership of the B&Q Club entitles you to receive exclusive benefits (Member Benefits) from time to time including but limited to promotional offers, discounts and digital receipts. Each Member Benefit will be subject to separate terms and conditions which will be made available to you on diy.com.
12. B&Q Club membership numbers, cards, key fobs, coupons, vouchers, printable B&Q Club material and all other B&Q Club documents and materials (collectively, Membership Materials) are issued by and remain the property of B&Q. You must return Membership Materials to B&Q on request or destroy those Membership Materials when no longer valid for use.
13. Membership Materials cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
14. The B&Q Club card, key fob and digital membership card are not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card and are for use by the registered member only, in connection with purchases intended for personal use only.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to alter the conditions of use and/or to withdraw the Membership Materials at any time.
Cancelling your B&Q Club membership
16. You can cancel your B&Q Club membership at any time by emailing email@example.com or by writing to:
The B&Q Club Membership B&Q House Chestnut Avenue Chandler's Ford Eastleigh Hampshire SO53 3LE United Kingdom
17. A breach of these Terms (or the separate terms and conditions of any Member Benefit) or an abuse of the B&Q Club, in each case as reasonably determined by us, will entitle us to cancel your B&Q Club membership, without prior notice. We reserve the right to take any other action deemed necessary where you are found to have breached these Terms (or the separate terms and conditions of any Member Benefit) or abused the B&Q Club.
18. You will cease to be entitled to the Member Benefits of the B&Q Club when your membership is cancelled.
22. We accept no liability under or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter for any:
a) loss which is not foreseeable (loss is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time you and we entered into these Terms);
b) loss which arises when we are not at fault or in breach of these Terms; and
c) business loss (which includes loss of profits, loss of business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses).
23. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Waiver and severance
24. Any failure or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms shall not prevent us from being able to enforce that, or any other, right or remedy at a later time.
25. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court or other competent authority, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
26. You agree that we may transfer any of our rights and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of our obligations under these Terms. Where we do so, we will take steps to ensure that it does not affect your ability to rely on the rights that you may have under these Terms.
27. These Terms are personal to you and are entered into by you for your own benefit and not for the benefit of any third party. You may only transfer or assign your rights under these Terms with our prior consent, which we will not unreasonably withhold.
28. B&Q will collect and use information about you, including the information you provide when registering (such as your name, address and email address) and any other personal information you provide, or that is generated about you, in connection with your membership to the B&Q Club and use of the B&Q Club card, key fob and digital membership card, including details of purchases you make.
29. We may use your information to: (i) administer your membership to the B&Q Club and to communicate with you in connection with your membership; (ii) understand your purchasing preferences to enable us to improve our products and services; (iii) provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers by post, SMS, email and other electronic means (including social media) (we may analyse the purchases you make to enable us to send you information that is most likely to interest you); (iv) provide you with digital receipts in respect of your purchases; (v) monitor and run our business, and for market research purposes; and (vi) prevent, detect and investigate fraud and other criminal activity and prosecute offenders.
31. Subject to the following paragraph, you and we agree that these Terms are governed by the law of England and Wales and that any dispute between you and us arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will only be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
32. Regardless of the above paragraph, you and we agree that if you are resident in a part of the United Kingdom other than England and Wales, the law of that part of the United Kingdom will apply to these Terms and any dispute between you and us arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be dealt with by the courts located there, provided that, where we are allowed to do so by law, we may bring a claim against you in the courts of England and Wales.
These Terms were last updated on 19th February 2019.
Prize draw terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents residing in the Thames Water Region aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries are conducted by you (the “Participant”) following Thames Water on Thames Water’s social media channels, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, tagging a friend and commenting on the post with how you will be preparing your home for winter. You may tag a friend up to three times on each of the Thames Water’s social media channels, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, so a maximum of three entries per social media channel and an overall total maximum of nine entries is permitted. Even though you may enter multiple times as stated above only one prize per Participant will be awarded to winners.
- The opening date for entries is 00:01 on 8th January 2021. The closing date of the prize draw is 11:59 on 5th February 2021. Entries received after this time will not be entered into the prize draw.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- Winners will be chosen at random using a computer process ( https://www.random.org/ ) on 8th February 2021 (”Draw Date”).
- There are 5, B&Q “e-vouchers” each to the value of £50 to be won.
- The winners will be notified by the 9th February 2021, by direct message (DM) on the social media channel used to enter the competition. The Promoter shall post a congratulations message on the winners entry. The winners will be requested to send the Promoter a direct message (DM) by 11:59 on 14th February 2021, with proof of age and the Promoter shall also verify that via your social media handle you have followed Thames Water on the social media channels. If proof of age is not provided or the Promoter cannot verify that you have been following Thames Water on the social media channels or a winner declines a prize, they forfeit any right to the prize and the prize will be redistributed and a new winner/s chosen using the process in paragraph 6 above.
- The prize of an “e-voucher” will be sent instantly by direct message (DM) to the winners after being notified of their win following the Draw Date and subject to the verification process in paragraph 8 above.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s social media channel/name can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Thames Water Utilities Ltd, Marketing Department, Clearwater Court, Vastern Road, Reading, RG1 8DB, within five of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have [read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of social media platform you are entering via upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and Participants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is THAMES WATER UTILITIES LTD of Clearwater Court, Vastern Road, Reading, RG1 8DB.
- This promotion is in no way endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.