Planning for the future
What you expect from us
London and the south east face a growing demand for water and drainage. This is down to population growth and the impact of changing weather patterns.
If we do nothing, a considerable gap will grow between what we can provide and how much our customers need. For example it’s estimated that by 2040 we will need to supply services to an extra 3 million people across our region.
Our five long-term priorities
Last autumn we asked some of our customers what they thought about our early ideas for improving services. We used this information to decide on our five priorities for the next 25 years. If you’re interested in reading their feedback, you can download the summary report below.
Most people thought the five priorities were clear and properly described what’s involved. But based on feedback, we re-wrote some phrases that were a bit wordy or confusing and we dealt with the parts that some felt we’d missed out.
These priorities set out how we’ll deliver our services and describe what you can expect when you deal with us.
We’ve shown some examples of what each would cover and we’ll measure them so you can always judge how we’re doing
Our five priorities are to:
Provide an effortless customer experience
- Being a company you can trust and treating you with respect
- Having a simple customer charter that makes it clear what you can expect from us.
- Making it easy for you to contact us, and getting it right first time so there’s no need for you to contact us again.
Deliver a safe and dependable water service
- Keeping our treatment works and pipes working properly and fixing leaks quickly.
- Providing a constant supply of good quality drinking water.
Deliver a safe and dependable wastewater service
- Keeping our sewers and treatment works operating well.
- Protecting the environment by not polluting it.
- Reducing the risk of flooding from sewers.
Plan for the future
- Making better use of the water we have and increasing the amount of water that’s available to meet the needs of our growing population.
- Making sure our networks are the right size to provide services into the future.
- Using innovative technology to produce more renewable energy.
Be a responsible company
- Helping you if you struggle to pay your bill or you’re in vulnerable circumstances.
- Helping you to use water efficiently and prevent sewer blockages.
- Reducing noise and traffic disruption from roadworks and bad smells near our sites.
- Protecting and improving the natural environment and opening up our sites for communities to enjoy.