Pit your wits against some of the hardest fighting and tastiest trout in the country. At this award-winning fly fishery, you’ll find 40lb pike, 18lb trout and 5lb perch, all ready to test your fishing skills.
- Visit for the day and purchase a day ticket for fishing, or sign up as a member and visit with a season ticket
- Two reservoirs to choose from: one catch and release, the other with the option to take trout home
- Bank and boat fishing available, with boats for hire
- Disabled anglers can get in on the action with our wheelyboat
- Test your skills in regular member fishing matches
Become a season ticket holder
With a season ticket, you can fish all year round, with discounts on boat hire and the chance to take part in regular fishing matches.
To purchase yours, please pop into the ranger’s lodge next time you visit.
With a range of angling options, and the opportunity to take your catch home, Farmoor Fishery is a favourite spot for anglers from across the UK and Europe.
Open year round, Farmoor Fishery is well known for its spring and summer buzzer fishing, as well as great dry fly fishing throughout the warmer months. Lure patterns work all year, and boat fishing during the winter provides great sport, as the fish sit deep.
Things to do
Take on the challenge
Our fish love to put up a fight, but it’s well worth it for the taste of victory – and delicious blue, brown and rainbow trout!
Fish from bank or boat
Choose whether to set your rig up for a spot of bank fishing or hire a boat for the day to take on some of the deeper dwelling fish.
Set a new record
Farmoor Fishery is home to some of the UK’s largest fish. Think you’ve caught a whopper? Let us know, and we’ll see if we can get your name on the record board.
Good to know
- Opening times: varies across the season
- Pay on arrival for angling day tickets
- Anglers must be in full possession of an Environment Agency rod licence
- Please call and book your angling session in advance
- Waterside Café on-site for a drink and bite to eat
- There are nine toilet blocks located around the site including three disabled access toilets
- Season tickets include discounts on boat hire
How to find us
Farmoor Fishery, Gate 3, Cumnor Rd, Oxford OX2 9NS