Website terms and conditions
consenting to us processing any personal data that you provide to us or that we collect from you as a result of your use of our website
If you buy any products or services from our website then additional terms and conditions will apply. You'll find them at the point of application.
We, Thames Water Utilities Limited, operate this website www.thameswater.co.uk.
We're a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02366661.
Our registered office is at Clearwater Court, Vastern Road, Reading, RG1 8DB.
Our VAT number is GB 537-4569-15.
You can contact us:
- by phone at 0800 980 8800
- by post at Thames Water, PO Box 436, Swindon, SN38 1TU
Restrictions on your use of our website
You may only use our website for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws. This includes, without limitation:
- data protection and privacy laws
- laws relating to copyright of content
- laws relating to unsolicited commercial electronic messages
In addition, you must not:
- use our website to send or transmit, whether directly or indirectly, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, chain letters or pyramid selling schemes
- use our website for mail bombing or flooding or to make deliberate attempts to overload a system
- use our website to post content or link to content where the owner of that content has not consented to or authorised that posting or linking or where that posting or linking infringes the rights of that owner
- knowingly or recklessly introduce to our website, or use our website to transmit, any application, material or ware (such as viruses, spyware, malware or adware) which are malicious or harmful attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server, equipment or network on which our website is stored, any server, computer or database connected to our website or any software
- use our website to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any other website, internet account, server, computer, equipment, system, network, data or information
- use our website to monitor data or traffic on any network or system
- use our website to collect or use information, including, without limitation, email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit (such as phishing,internet scamming, password robbery, spearing, scraping and harvesting)
- use our website to distribute software carry out a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack on our website or use our website to carry out any such attack on any other website
- use our website for any purpose which doesn't comply with our content standards
- use our website to send, transmit, publish, upload, download, use, store, reproduce or knowingly receive any material that does not comply with our content standards
- use our website to groom, harm or take advantage of minors in any way or to attempt to do so
- use our website in violation of export laws, controls, regulations or sanction policies of the United States or any other country
Passwords and security requirements
If you register an account on our website you must provide accurate and complete registration information and keep that information up to date at all times.
Use of certain parts of this website is password protected. In order to use it we may request at any time that you provide a user identification code, password and/or pre-selected answers to security questions in order to access it. It's your responsibility to keep this information secret and confidential and not to disclose it to any other person.
If you think that somebody else might know your password then you must log in to your account and change it as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to disable any user identification code, password and/or pre-selected answers to security questions at any time if, in our reasonable opinion:
- if we consider that you're using our website to download content or infringe in any manner the rights of another person
- we consider that there may be a security risk
Our website and its content
Our website is made available to you free of charge.
We don't guarantee that access to our website, or the content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Your right to access our website is given on a temporary basis only.
We reserve the right to change our website and the content on it, including, without limitation, by adding or removing content or functionality, at any time.
We regularly review the content on our website. However, we cannot guarantee that all content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date. We therefore make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that our website or any content on it will be free from errors or omissions.
The content on our website is provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on our website is intended to be advice on which you should rely. You should always obtain appropriate specialist advice before taking, or not taking, action on the basis of any content on our website.
We make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that our website is secure or free from bugs or viruses. You're responsible for ensuring that the device from which you access our website has suitable anti-virus software in place.
Content uploaded to our website by you or by other users
If you upload content to our website you must comply with our content standards.
You warrant to us that you own any content which you upload to our website or, if you are not the owner, that you have the right to upload it.
You'll compensate us for any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims or proceedings that we suffer or incur, or will suffer or incur, as a result of or in connection with any breach by you of your obligations or warranties.
We're not responsible for, and make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees in respect of, any content on our website which is uploaded by a user. Any view expressed by any user of our website is their view and not our view nor the view of our officers or employees.
We reserve the right to remove any content that you have uploaded to our website at any time.
We also reserve the right to disclose your identity to any person who claims that any content you have uploaded to our website infringes their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy or is defamatory.
Please remember that any content you upload to our website may be viewed by other users, so always think carefully before you submit any content.
Any content that you upload to our website must:
- comply with all applicable laws
- be accurate (where it states facts)
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
You must not upload to our website any content which:
- is defamatory, obscene, offensive, indecent, malicious, hateful or inflammatory
- is pornographic or sexually explicit
- exploits minors
- promotes violence or terrorism
- is discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age
- infringes any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person
- solicits or attempts to solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users
- is fraudulent or likely to deceive any person
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to anyone else, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or is content which is a trade secret where you are not the trade secret holder
- creates a risk to a person’s health or safety or public health or safety
- promotes or constitutes illegal or unlawful activity
- promotes any political activity
- compromises national security
- interferes with an investigation by a law enforcement or regulatory authority
- is threatening or abusive or invades another person’s privacy or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- impersonates any person or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person
- gives the impression it comes from us
- constitutes advertising material
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful activity, including but not limited to copyright infringement or computer misuse
Intellectual property rights
We, or our licensors, own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in our website and all content on it.
The Thames Water roundel is our registered trade mark.
You may download the content we own from our website and/or print a reasonable number of copies of any page on our website. You must not make any changes to any content which you have downloaded or printed from our website. If you reproduce the downloaded or printed content in any medium you must ensure that you reproduce it accurately and completely and include a statement acknowledging that it is sourced from our website.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites from time to time. These links are provided for your convenience. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability to you for, those other websites or their content.
Links from other websites to our website
You may create a link to our website from another website, but only if you comply with the following conditions:
- you may only link to the homepage of our website. You must not create a link to any other page of our website, nor frame any page of our website.
- you may only link to our website from a website which you own and which complies with our content standards
- you must not suggest that we have any association with you or that we approve or endorse your website or any of your products or services
We reserve the right to ask you to remove any link to our website at any time and without giving you prior notice.
Our liability to you
- death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- any other matter for which we are not permitted by law to exclude or limit our liability
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of (or inability to use) our website or your use of or reliance upon any content on our website, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), misrepresentation, restitution, under statute or otherwise.