With twelve reservoirs to choose between, the fisheries at Walthamstow Wetlands offer the perfect place for beginners to hone their skills – and for experienced anglers to test themselves against some of the UK’s best.
- Visit for the day and purchase a fishing day ticket, or sign up as a member and visit with a season ticket
- Walthamstow Wetlands is London’s largest fishery
- Members can take part in regular competitions
- A number of spots are available for those with a disability
- Tuition is available for small groups
- Night fishing available
Become a season ticket holder
To purchase your season ticket, please pop into the ranger’s lodge next time you visit.
Coarse and fly fishing are available across the twelve fisheries. From the Thames Water Angling Academy tuition pond to the popular Lockwood Reservoir, you’ll find angling to suit you – whatever your level.
If you're less experienced, our Angling Academy will get you off to a great start. Meanwhile, practiced hands can pit their skills against one another in one of the regular competitions.
Things to do
Experience fishing for everyone
A family-friendly environment welcomes members year-round. And our partners, the local Walthamstow Fly Fishers, welcome new members to their friendly fishing society.
Hone your skills
If you’re looking to develop your skills, we recommend you try out our family fishing sessions on our academy pond.
Members can take part in our regular charity matches and carp or trout specific competitions.
Good to know
- Opening times: normally daylight hours
- Free car parking
- Day ticket anglers pay on arrival
- Membership includes a discount on season tickets
How to find us?
By car: Walthamstow Wetlands, 2 Forest Road, London N17 9NH
Public transport: we’re a short walk from Tottenham Hale or Blackhorse Road train stations