- Check if you have any lead pipework inside and outside your home.
How to check for lead pipes
- Find out if you have your own supply pipe, or if you share one with your neighbours.
- Get quotes for any plumbing work which may need to be done. See our approved plumbers list.
- Complete our Replacing lead supply pipe application form and return it to us at:
Thames Water Utilities Ltd
Lead Policy Coordinator
Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme Applications
PO Box 286
- We will arrange to visit you and take a water sample. We will discuss the results with you, and let you know if your pipes need to be replaced.
- If you have had building work carried out, please allow six weeks after the work had been done for any disturbance to the pipework to settle.
- If you need to have work done on your own pipework, please let us know that the work is finished before burying the new water supply pipe. An inspection of this work will need to be arranged to ensure it meets the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations.
- Once this work has been approved, we can arrange to lay our length of pipe.
- If you share a supply pipe with your neighbours, please arrange for your plumber to disconnect your old branch pipe. Please contact us to arrange an inspection of this work and to ensure it meets the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations.