Top of main content

Disconnecting your water supply

As part of renovation, demolition or extension work, you may need to disconnect your water supply. Here’s everything you need to know and what you need to do.

What’s involved?

If you don’t need the water supply for your property, we can arrange for it to be disconnected. We’ll remove the point connecting you to our water main (usually within the road) and you’ll need a plumber to remove the pipework within your property boundary.

If you’re unsure if you need a disconnection, please contact us.

Please note: The registered owner needs to give authorisation for a permanent disconnection.

If you need your existing supply disconnecting and a new one installed, please refer to our new or replacement connection section.

Here’s the process for getting your supply disconnected:

If you’d like to permanently disconnect your existing water supply, you'll need the following:

  • The applicant's full name, contact number and email address.
  • Address of site where you would like the permanent disconnection.
  • Details of the supply you are requesting to be disconnected.
  • Permission from the relevant neighbours if you have a shared water supply.
  • Site location plan.

Apply for a disconnection

To apply, please download the form and email it back to us.