Water for building work
If you have building work planned, you’ll probably need access to water. The process depends on a few factors:
- Whether the site already has access to a supply
- Whether the supply is metered
- The contract value of the building work.
You’ll find everything you need to know below.
It’s important you tell us about your work before you start. All water used during your building work needs to be paid for. We believe the fairest way is to use a water meter, so you only pay for the water you use. The method of payment depends on your current circumstances.
- If you don’t contact us before you start using water, we’ll base your charges on 0.17% of the contract value.
- We don’t accept 'B class' meters and their readings — they don’t accurately record the full flow rate.
- It’s illegal to use a neighbouring water supply for building work.
Please choose the relevant section below to find out more.
There’s no water supply
There’s an existing metered supply
There's an existing unmetered supply
Building work has already begun
Already applied and need to pay?
How helpful was this page?
Thanks for your feedback!
Please select a rating