Top of main content

How to complain

We’re committed to providing all our customers with an excellent service. If something’s gone wrong, please contact us.

You can nominate someone to speak to us on your behalf if you prefer. We’ll just need you to give us permission to share your information with them.

If you appoint a solicitor or land agent, we'll be happy to liaise with them, but we can’t be responsible for any costs incurred.

A customer on the phone with a bill in her hand

Bill and account complaint

If you have a complaint about your bill or account, please get in touch.

View contact options

A child washes up dishes in the sink with her mother

Water or wastewater complaint

If you have a complaint about your water or wastewater services, please get in touch.

View contact options

Extra support and using our website

If you have hearing or speech difficulties or English isn’t your first language, we offer a range of ways to make getting in touch with us easier

All our teams are trained and able to spot customers who may need additional support. If you or someone you know needs additional support, you can sign up to Priority Services.

Our accessibility page explains how to make our website easier to use. If you have a disability, AbilityNet also has useful accessibility advice.

Resolving the complaint

We’ll work with you to resolve your complaint within eight weeks. If there’s ever a delay, we’ll let you know why, when it’ll be resolved and when we’ll contact you again.

You can view and download our step-by-step guide on what to do if you're unhappy with our service

How to escalate the complaint

You can ask for your complaint to be reviewed if you’re not happy with the response we’ve given you, or we haven’t responded to you within the timescale we promised. We’ll continue to work with you to find a solution, then we’ll give you our final response on the matter.

If you’re not happy with our final response or it’s been more than eight weeks since you first complained, you can contact the Consumer Council for Water (CCW) for help. Please note CCW won’t normally be able to assist you until we’ve investigated the complaint.

Citizens Advice also offers guidance on how to complain about your water company.