Top of main content
HomeNetwork latest

Reporting blocked drains & flooding

Reporting blocked drains & flooding

Please only call us if you have an urgent issue

Last updated: 01/03 02:50

The recent wet weather has caused a big increase in the number of calls we’re getting to report blocked drains and flooding.

It’s quicker to report a blockage on our website here.

We’re prioritising emergencies first, but due to this steep rise in activity across our region it’s taking us longer than usual in some cases to send out a team.

The heavy rainfall of recent weeks, and a high water table, have put huge pressure on our sewers and pumping stations. Water is entering our network above and below ground, and flows from flooded rivers are adding to the problem in some areas.

To make sure you get the right help first time, here’s a list of emergency contacts:

Highway flooding: To report flooding from roads, gullies or ditches, please contact your local highway authority.

Land drainage or groundwater flooding: To report flooding that’s run off nearby land or seeped up through the ground, please contact your local council.

River flooding: If a river has burst its banks, you’ll need to contact the Environment Agency, on 0800 80 70 60.

Thank you for bearing with us as we deal with the most urgent issues first. We recognise the worry and disruption this may be causing and we’re sorry if there’s a delay in us attending, or in answering your call. 

Thank you for your patience. 


safe spaces
Together we can end domestic abuse