Temporary drought permits
Drought Permits to meet drought challenge in 2022
In response to the drought in the summer of 2022 we applied for Drought Permits to take more water at Farmoor (surface water), Baunton, Meysey Hampton and Axford (all groundwater) to help secure supplies in our Swindon and Oxford area.
The Farmoor Drought Permit was granted last year and is in force until the end of March 2023 but due to recent rainfall it is extremely unlikely that we will need it.
Following the significant rainfall in September and October we withdrew our applications for the Drought Permits at Baunton, Meysey Hampton and Axford.
- Drought permit.pdf | 555.7 KB
- Application notice.pdf | 174.3 KB
- Statement of reasons for drought permit application.pdf | 3.4 MB
- Drought permit application - appendix A.pdf | 690.2 KB
- Drought permit application - appendix B.pdf | 3.4 MB
- Drought permit application document 1.pdf | 441.5 KB
- Drought permit application document 2.pdf | 1.4 MB
- Environmental assessment report.pdf | 28.4 MB
- Environmental assessment report methodology.pdf | 1.5 MB