Plumbing inside your home
If you’re working on the internal plumbing of your home, we recommend choosing a WateSafe approved plumber. This will ensure that all plumbing work meets high standards and protects the quality of drinking water in your home and business, in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
To find a local WaterSafe approved plumber, enter your postcode below and click submit.
Plumbing outside your home
If you’re working on the underground pipe supplying your property, up to the internal stop valve, you may want to used specialist groundwork contractors. These can also be used for leak detection and moling (laying new pipes).
These contractors are not approved WaterSafe plumbers, but they are recognised by the water company schemes APLUS, TAPS, WaterMark and WIAPS to carry out specific types of work in compliance with the Water Fittings Regulations and Byelaws.
To find a local groundwork contractor, enter your postcode below and click submit.
- Please note, when we compiled the information on our approved plumbers search, the companies listed employed qualified named plumbers or underground workers, who are familiar with the requirements of the Water Regulations.
- Your contract will be with the approved plumber / underground worker and not Thames Water, so we cannot give assurance of their availability or guarantee their work.
- We will not get involved in any contractual disputes between you and the plumber or underground worker.
- We recommended that you obtain at least one quote before employing any contractor.
- We recommend that you ask in advance, whether there is a charge for giving a quote.
- Please make sure you receive a certificate of water regulations compliance from the plumber or underground worker, after they have completed the work.
- Make sure that the work is carried out or witnessed by one of the named persons listed as being approved for that company.
- The companies and their approved persons are not able to carry out any work in the public highway without the consent of the local Highway Authority.
- If you require a connection to the outside stop valve and this cannot be achieved by excavating on your side of the boundary, please contact us 24 hours a day on 0800 3169 800. 0800 numbers are free to call from UK landlines, but may be chargeable from mobiles. Rates vary depending on your network and call plan. Our lines are open 24 hours a day. We will give you a quote for this work and this cost will be in addition to the work carried out by the approved plumber or contractor on your side of the boundary.
- If you are also receiving a new connection from our Developer Services department, please provide the quote number and district number on your invoice, to the approved plumber or contractor, so they can enter this on the certificate of compliance.