Top of main content

Requisitioning a new public sewer or lateral drain

Normally you can do the work to construct new sewers and lateral drains yourself. You just need to meet our required standards and get our consent to connect to our wastewater network.

Sometimes we’ll need to carry out the construction work ourselves. This could be when a connection is being made to a strategic or trunk sewer, or there are issues accessing third party land. Charges will apply. Use the button below if you need us to carry out this work. Before applying, please see sections 7 and 8 of our charging arrangements.

If we construct a new public sewer or lateral drain, our work won’t include making the individual connections from properties to the new pipe. For these, you’ll need to apply separately for our consent to connect.

Read more about how we’ll use the information you provide in your application.

Due to the time we need to process applications, we can only guarantee issuing quotes for new sewer connections under the current financial year’s charging arrangements up until 4 March of that year. In each case, the application must be complete and require no further information.

We can’t guarantee that any applications submitted after those dates will be issued under that year’s charging arrangements.

If you’ve not begun work, you can request a requote under the following year’s charges after 31 March. Please note that a requote fee will be applicable.

Pipelaying powers on private land

Our code of practice explains our powers and duties when we lay or carry out work on pipes in private land or do work to prevent contamination of the water in our pipework. It also explains what you’re entitled to expect.

Need to pay us?

If you've already applied, you can make a payment.