Top of main content


If you no longer require the existing water supply for your new development — if you’re demolishing a property or converting multiple properties for example — we can arrange for it to be disconnected.

We’ll remove the point connecting your site to our water main, which is usually within the road. You’ll need your plumber to remove the pipework within your property boundary. Disconnections are permanent so we'll need authorisation from the registered owner.

If you need to restore the water supply later, you’ll have to pay for a new water connection.

If you need your existing supply disconnecting and a new one installed, please refer to our new or replacement connection section. If you’re unsure whether a disconnection is required, please contact us.

The disconnection process

If you’d like to permanently disconnect your existing water supply, you'll need the following:

  • The applicant's full name, contact number and email address.
  • Address of site where you would like the permanent disconnection.
  • Details of the supply you are requesting to be disconnected.
  • Permission from the relevant neighbours if you have a shared water supply.
  • Site location plan.

Apply for a disconnection

To apply, please download the form and email it back to us.