Top of main content

Apply for clean water services

We're here to help

Apply and pay for our clean water services. This includes new mains or service connections, using water for building work, disconnecting existing supplies, and diverting or abandoning pipes.

Illustration of a Thames Water vehicle

Please choose one of the following clean water application processes

Using a self-lay provider

Independent self-lay providers could offer cost-effective terms and fit in better with your construction programme and might also be able to install multiple utilities.

Water connection processes

Information about the process of getting a new water connection and the timescales involved.

New mains or connections

Find out how you apply for a new water main or service connections on an existing main.


If you no longer need the water supply for a development, read more about how to get it disconnected.


Find out how to divert or relocate water mains or other assets.

Water for building works

Find out how to arrange a water supply during the construction process.

Water meters

All new supplies should be metered. Find out what’s involved.