Top of main content

Landlords, Tenants and Students

Landlords and managing agents

You can advise us of changes to your property portfolio using a free and secure national web portal Landlord TAP.

Landlord TAP saves you time by automatically sending your updates to water companies in England and Wales.

Use Landlord TAP to:

  • Add new properties to your portfolio
  • Tell us about changes to tenant details, including changes of tenancy
  • Let us know when a property becomes empty
  • Inform us if you sell or stop managing the property

Register with Landlord TAP

Tenants and students

Moving in

If you've agreed with your landlord that you're responsible for paying the water and wastewater bill, you need to:

  • Let us know when your tenancy starts
  • Submit any meter readings if applicable

Moving out

When you let us know you're moving out, we'll ask you for a forwarding address. This is so we can send you a final bill.

You may be owed a balance when you move out at the end of your tenancy.

If you pay by Direct Debit, we'll refund this to the bank account you pay this from. Otherwise you'll need to call us to let us know how you want the money back, or whether to credit it against your new account if you're moving somewhere in our region.

Tell us you're moving

Account holders

We can only discuss the account with named account holders. You may wish to add others in your household as additional account holders. We need their permission to do this.

If the main named account holder leaves your property, we need to be told by a named account holder who's staying at the property.

You can add account holders by contacting us.