Check out our range of free downloadable lesson plans and activities designed to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom for Key Stage 2 pupils.
Marina Ventura Inside Water
Join Marina as she explores the world of water – from travelling back in time to see how the Romans washed through to following where the water goes when we flush the toilet. It’s the ultimate water adventure!
Follow the links to download 10 audio podcasts. Produced in association with Children's Radio UK Ltd.
- Episode 1 - Where our water comes from (5.12MB)
- Episode 2 - How we get our water (5.14MB)
- Episode 3 - Where our water goes (5.20MB)
- Episode 4 - New sources of water (4.98MB)
- Episode 5 - Saving the planet (5.09MB)
- Episode 6 - Using water at home (6.68MB)
- Episode 7 - Saving water in the garden (5.91MB)
- Episode 8 - Using water at school (5.38MB)
- Episode 9 - Fun in water (5.83MB)
- Episode 10 - Water around the world (5.38MB)
Learn about drought - lesson planHelp your students understand what drought is and why it happens.
Water Wise assembly packGet the whole school involved in a fun and entertaining assembly and show students of all ages that everybody can really make a difference by using water wisely.
Water Matters resourceA guide to help you encourage schoolchildren to investigate and consider the ways in which they use water, both at school and in their homes.
Further resources to help support both water and geography in the Key Stage 2 curriculum.