Over the last few days, we’ve seen the highest ever water usage in your area. If we don’t slow down, there won’t be enough water for everyone.
The volume of water being used by homes and businesses is so great that the water network is running above capacity – it just isn’t possible to get water to everyone quickly enough.
What are we doing?
To help keep taps flowing, we’re taking the following action:
- Deploying tankers to top-up reservoirs with over 430,000 litres of water every day
- Sending a team of water-saving experts to visit homes and businesses in your area, installing free water-saving devices, providing practical help and fixing leaks
- Reducing pressure in the water supply overnight to help reduce usage
- Targeting and fixing leaks in your area
How can you help?
Please do your bit to save water. If we all get involved and use less, we can keep everyone’s taps running and toilets flushing.
Our top 3 water-saving tips:
- Take shorter showers – aim for a 4 minute shower
- Do not use hoses or sprinklers - you'll save up to 1,000 litres an hour
- Do not wash your car - it'll also save you some time
What happens if you’re without water?
Please check the red bar on the homepage for the latest updates on supply issues. We’ll add everything here, including where to find your nearest bottled water station.
If you, or someone you know, could be vulnerable without water and require extra assistance from us, please let us know
If you’re not sure whether you’re eligible, please visit our extra care and priority services section