Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay and gives you control over your finances, with a choice of payment dates and instalments spread across the year.
Set up a Direct Debit online
Just click the button below to set up your Direct Debit online.
Information you will need to set up a Direct Debit
To set up a Direct Debit, you will need the following:
- Thames Water account number (printed at the top of your bill)
- Your full name, contact number, email address and account address
- Your bank details, including account number and sort code
Frequently asked questions
Are there other ways to set up a Direct Debit?
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Thames Water Utilities Ltd will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Thames Water Utilities Ltd to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Thames Water Utilities Ltd or your Bank or Building Society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your Bank or Building Society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Thames Water Utilities Ltd asks you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us
Can I choose what date the payment is made?
Yes, you can choose any payment date from the 1st to the 28th of the month.
What if authorisation is required from more than one person?
If more than one person is required to authorise debits from your bank account, the paper Direct Debit Instruction form will need to be completed, including both signatures.
Confirming your Direct Debit has been set up
We will send you confirmation by post within ten working days prior to the first payment being debited.
If you register for paperless billing, this will be sent electronically. When payments are taken from your account, the reference 'Thames Water' will appear on your statements. Payments are secure and covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee.